Emerging Young Leaders Program
“Emerging Young Leaders” is the 2010 -2014 signature program of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. for middle school girls. Consisting of four AKAdemies, the program is designed to extend the vision of the sorority by cultivating and encouraging high scholastic achievement through: 1) Leadership Development, 2) Educational Enrichment, 3) Civic Engagement, and 4) Character Building.
The "Emerging Young Leaders Program" will develop skills and talents of middle school girls (grades 6, 7 and 8) with potential for becoming leaders within their local communities, as well as in other venues.
- the program is open to middle school girls in grades 6,7, and 8
- the applicant must be currently enrolled in school
- the applicant must submit a completed counselor/teacher recommendation form
- the applicant must submit a completed general application form
- the applicant must submit documentation to verify that she is making progress in school and that she regularly attends school
- the applicant must submit a written personal statement (minimum of 500 words) which articulates why she desires to be in the Emerging Young Leaders program
- the applicant must agree to follow instructions, cooperate and be well behaved while participating in the program
- the applicant must submit a completed parental consent form and release
Parent Meeting: Friday, September 7, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. Location: TBA